Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-r has left service center, but UPS missed origin scan

My K-r has been repaired and is on its way back, but I had trouble tracking the package. I called C.R.I.S., and it turns out UPS missed the origin scan! As a result, UPS does not have complete information on the package. Nonetheless, I was told that the package has a Scheduled Delivery Date of 02/21/2011.

Why do you think UPS missed the origin scan? Is this something to be concerned about?

--DragonLord

02-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uh. I wouldn't be concerned. UPS has missed several scans on multiple packages that I've received... Somehow the package missed the scanner.
02-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

It happens all the time; I wouldn't worry about it.
02-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote

Why do you think UPS missed the origin scan? Is this something to be concerned about?
As Maxwell Smart would say: Missed by that much, Chief!

No wucken furries mate. Put the razor blades and cyanide pills away and make yourself a cup of tea, then sit back and study the manual from cover to cover.

I'd be willing to wager that some UPS guy with a shiny K-r in his paw will be kicking down your front door before you even get to to the real juicy chapters in the manual.

Or you could waste some time reading the boring FAQs and Info crap that covers delivery delay mishaps on their website:
Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS

I know which I'd prefer. English Breakfast, no sugar and with a dash of milk thanks.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 02-17-2011 at 11:43 AM.
02-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks. I got worried because this was the first time I ran into problems with the UPS tracking system. I guess I'm one of the few people who haven't experienced any major issues with UPS...

--DragonLord