Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #76
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, drummerman. Welcome to the forum!

03-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #77

Photos: Albums
Yes, it's still a fantastic camera and I've started my limited collection. Liveview works perfectly for people with extreme problems, -10 fine tuning was enough for me, thankfully.
03-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #78
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by drummerman Quote
Do you know what? I just registered here to post one reply to you!

I've been following this forum a little while, mainly because both the K-5 (and K-R) are on my shortlist.

I have to say, you pop up in almost every thread and its just .... negative, negative ... you get the jist I think. You single handedly could probably convince people not to invest in this brand.

You said your peace (over and over and over again), dont you think it's enough? I do apologize and try not to make this sound too personal but have you really got nothing better to do? - If you need any ideas, perhaps snap a few pictures in a mode the camera can do ... much more informative, believe me.

Well, I guess some folks just live sad lifes.

There you go, got nothing else to contribute here but you should be barred, as simple as that. Just get your canon and be at peace.

To all others, there are some very good, informative and helpful forums out there, just look for them if you are totally fed up with all the negativity on here.

Regards

Ro
Lol, another fanboy.
My life isn't sad at all, maybe yours.

On topic: enjoy your disastruous Safox9 AF system, wherever you are.

Last edited by ursamajor; 03-07-2011 at 01:30 PM.
03-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not that I am keeping it in spite of the FF issue...I won't buy until Pentax steps up to the plate and fixes it.

I returned a k5 due to the stain and FF issue and will not buy another k5 because Pentax won't even admit that there is a problem with FF and I probably don't really need the k-5 when the k-r would do for my skill level. I am only considering the k-r because I and my wife have some glass and I don't want to be a 2 system household. My wife loves her k-x and I would love to love an upgrade from my k10d but sadly, if Pentax won't step up and show some ethics and customer service then we will both be moving along and there will be some (more) nice glass for sale in the marketplace soon.

03-07-2011, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #80
dmc
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote
Lol, another fanboy.
My life isn't sad at all, maybe yours.

On topic: enjoy your disastruous Safox9 AF system, wherever you are.
I think you just proved his point my friend. Pity.
03-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #81
Banned

Not at all. I just proved my point (and anothers, many others).
03-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #82
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote
Pentax would be happy by reading your post.
And I'm sure Canon and Nikon would be happy reading your (many) posts
03-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #83
Forum Member

I have to say, you pop up in almost every thread and its just .... negative, negative
Here, here, Drummerman. As far as I'm aware ursamajor has returned his K-r so he isn't even a Pentax owner anymore. Not sure what he is lurking here for now unless he is in face a fanboy for some other brand. Be sure to make use of the 'ignore' facility.

03-08-2011, 01:19 AM   #84
Banned

For your disappointment, I'm not a fan of any brand, but I can see the differences between a fully functional camera and a buggy/defective one. On the other hand, the Pentax after sale support annoys me and deserves to be mentioned repeatedly as bad example.
Have you something against?
03-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #85

Do you know what? I just registered here to post one reply to you!

I've been following this forum a little while, mainly because both the K-5 (and K-R) are on my shortlist.

I have to say, you pop up in almost every thread and its just .... negative, negative ... you get the jist I think. You single handedly could probably convince people not to invest in this brand.

You said your peace (over and over and over again), dont you think it's enough? I do apologize and try not to make this sound too personal but have you really got nothing better to do? - If you need any ideas, perhaps snap a few pictures in a mode the camera can do ... much more informative, believe me.

Well, I guess some folks just live sad lifes.

There you go, got nothing else to contribute here but you should be barred, as simple as that. Just get your canon and be at peace.

To all others, there are some very good, informative and helpful forums out there, just look for them if you are totally fed up with all the negativity on here.

Regards

Ro
OK, I agree that ursamajor may have posted too many times on the same topic - the FF issue, but he has posted mostly in the threads that are related to this issue. Although this may be annoying to the users of the forum, I think, however, that the way pentax handles this issue is the real problem, not that ursamajor complaint too many times! I think that everyone who thinks on buying K-R/K-5 should be aware of the FF problem. Why don't pentax say something official about it!? Why don't the moderators do a sticky thread in the K-R forum section!? I wish I knew about this issue before buying it!! Instead, so many people have to lose time on speculating whether Pentax will fix this issue. This is just wrong!!!!! This is what we should complain about and ursamajor is doing exactly this!
I said it before - I owned nikon d300, d90, Canon 40D, 5D and now pentax only because of the small primes. But I am really disappointed with the FF saga!!! I bought my K-R from US and I have international warranty, so if I can get my money back I will.
03-08-2011, 02:03 AM   #86
Banned

Thank you for support and understanding (corectly), my bulgarian friend. I really appreciate it.
The reason I'm still on this forum is because I really want a Kr. Like I already said, fully functional. Unfortunatelly, Pentax give me not a single hope to maintain my will.
03-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #87

Hi all

I have a new K-r, purchased 2 weeks ago. I am very happy with it. Using a Pentax 50mm F2.8 macro lens, it focusses correctly down to about EV4 without help. using a warm white compact fluoro light (I don't have any tungsten lights in my house). Below EV4 down to EV2, the focus assist light comes on and focus is fine. BTW, EV2 is too dark to read a book, so I wouldn't photograph in that light anyway.

So to answer the original thread question: yes I will keep it in spite of the FF problem that others have reported.
03-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #88

I think the reason ursamajor posts to the FF threads is to keep the issue at the forefront of this forum. I have absolutely no problem with this as it keeps the pressure on Pentax to find a solution and, hopefully, communicate better with the market. I would be very concerned if I worked for Pentax as, without a fix, both of their new models will sell poorly (especially the K-5 given the sensor stain issue and the fact that it is marketed at a very knowledgeable market segment) and the brand will suffer damage which I think will take at least one if not two product cycles to undo. If the K-r and K-5 can be made to work properly, however, this can still be Pentax's chance to build on the success of the K-x and really start to compete with Canon/Nikon on the basis of cost to quality
03-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by alffastar Quote
OK, I agree that ursamajor may have posted too many times on the same topic - the FF issue, but he has posted mostly in the threads that are related to this issue. Although this may be annoying to the users of the forum, I think, however, that the way pentax handles this issue is the real problem, not that ursamajor complaint too many times! I think that everyone who thinks on buying K-R/K-5 should be aware of the FF problem. Why don't pentax say something official about it!? Why don't the moderators do a sticky thread in the K-R forum section!? I wish I knew about this issue before buying it!! Instead, so many people have to lose time on speculating whether Pentax will fix this issue. This is just wrong!!!!! This is what we should complain about and ursamajor is doing exactly this!
I said it before - I owned nikon d300, d90, Canon 40D, 5D and now pentax only because of the small primes. But I am really disappointed with the FF saga!!! I bought my K-R from US and I have international warranty, so if I can get my money back I will.
I could have written that. I feel the same. Pentax has totally ruined their reputation in my eyes. Buying this camera was a mistake.

I think I'll still wait for a couple of weeks for a fix. If it isn't available at that time, I have to send camera to the repair centre. When I get it back with the same problem, I can maybe get my money back, because they couldn't repair it.
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #90
Inactive Account

I shoot under incandescent light, not one problem. How many shoot under tungsten, and if this is a deal breaker, then you are merely limiting the use of the camera period. Tungsten light defined more relates to tungsten-halogen, is used mostly as hot light studio setups. Then if you are using the term tungsten for incandescent then you do have a problem. I mentioned previously, I doubt all Kr models have this problem, compared to sales there are a very limited number of people responding to this issue to begin with. Also, I lean toward the probability that most Kr models focus well under incandescent lighting no matter the light wattage. As I understand it incandescent is in a vacuum, tungsten is in halogen, different lights indeed.