Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #16

Original Poster
Hello Shellinaya .The ff problem that my kr has is more severe in artificial light and gets worst as the f of the lens gets smaller.I also use an smc 50mm 1.7 f ( which i have bought for movies mostly) which makes the problem even bigger(in photo mode).So with the kit lens 18-55mm for artificial light i have to focus on my dogs ear to get his eye sharp ,and in the daylight just behind the eye.Of course there is also the parameter of distance because i have noticed that ff is getting bigger as distance of the object gets bigger.I have not made any proffessional tests to prove the ff issue or to measure it but for all the photos i took i had to improvise (shooting in manual right after the focus indicator turn off) or lock the focus and move just a little forward to have sharp images.Considering my previous camera model of 2004 with which i could ( m mode) take photos from inside a moving car and beeing in focus kr focus its a bit of dissapointment.Even in manual mode the focus indicator seems to be wrong and LIVEVIEW although accurate is very energy consuming and slow as action(the whole proccedure not the liveview autofocus itself).