Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adapter vs 2nd Battery

QuoteOriginally posted by chukers Quote
so you think the 2 rechargable batteries are good enough no need for a AA adapter?
I have the same question as Chukers. Hope I am not hijacking the thread - but...

Anyone have thoughts pro and con on an adapter vs a 2nd battery? I ask because this is getting to be an expensive addiction.
03-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rbryant Quote
I have the same question as Chukers. Hope I am not hijacking the thread - but...

Anyone have thoughts pro and con on an adapter vs a 2nd battery? I ask because this is getting to be an expensive addiction.
The AA battery adapter makes sense if you have a bunch of Eneloops left over from a K100 or something like that. Hawk1500 was selling the adapters cheap here on the forum, I think he has sold out though. If you don't have a bunch of AA rechargeable batteries, just get extra Li ion. The seller in the above link for a charger has good batteries. You can get two batteries plus a car/home charger for the price of the Pentax AA adapter.

03-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sekul Quote
i know the only diference between da y da-l 55-300 is the metal mount and the quick shift, wich allow you to perform manual focus after the camera autofocus, this without touching the af/mf switch
And the missing lens hood with the DA-L and, if I'm not mistaken, the missing distance scale on the focus ring of the DA-L.

Can somebody confirm the latter?
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #21
Forum Member

Correct: no distance scale on DA-L.

Hood can be had at Ebay for about $10.
03-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #22

Yes at times I will be... but then I'll have my truck with me... I can just use that to keep on charged while I'm out shooting!

Thanks

Chuck
I purchased the Battery Holder instead of the second Li-on battery. In fact I just received it 1/2 hour ago.

First: I want 0% possibility I would be without battery power. I can always walk into any Walmart and pick up a set of lithium batteries.

Second: I didn't want to have to carry the Li-on battery charger

Third: It takes a couple of hours for the Li-on battery to fully recharge where as rechargeable take 15 minutes.
03-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was considering the DA L 55-300 but I wanted where (I forget what its called) the lens zoomed in and focused in on one point... from what I understand the DA L lenses don't do that... or do they?
Do you mean a shallow depth of field? For example being able to have your subject in focus but a nice blurry background? Or something else?

03-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by geru2000 Quote
Third: It takes a couple of hours for the Li-on battery to fully recharge where as rechargeable take 15 minutes.
The 15 minute chargers are not good for the battery life. They drain the battery capacity much faster than normal chargers. Ideal time to charge for a 2000mAH battery would be 4 hours. Batteries would hold more power over the years.
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #25
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Do you mean a shallow depth of field? For example being able to have your subject in focus but a nice blurry background? Or something else?

I believe what I was looking for is called quick shift

Chuck
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
The 15 minute chargers are not good for the battery life. They drain the battery capacity much faster than normal chargers. Ideal time to charge for a 2000mAH battery would be 4 hours. Batteries would hold more power over the years.
I've heard that before but to this point I have had no such experience using the 15 minute charger that came with the first set I bought.

I have 2 sets of batteries 1 over 3 years old the other 2 1/2 yrs. I bought them originally for my K100D and used them in my K200D and since this afternoon one set is residing in my Kr.

After sitting around for a month I put 1 set into the Kr and it indicates full charge. The other set I put on the charger and within 2 minutes the charger light indicated fully charged that set is now in my Metz 48 AF-1 flash.