Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Start a new Folder on SD card on demand?

[Fwiw: I posted in this section because my Q pertains to K-r and K-x, I honestly don't know (or care) if the exact same circumstance might relate to other Pentax DLSR models.]

OK, probably a redundant question that doesn't have an answer but I just thought I'd throw it in in case someone knows The Secret Trick.

Camera creates a new folder by calendar day, which I admit is useful, albeit partially. (Pentax uses a crude nnn+date_stamp, and obviously 8.3 limited).

During a usual haphazard excursion over the past week - you know the type of trip where real-life and pic-taking fun have to be blended where and when... - I constantly felt a desire to dynamically start a new folder during a day~session so that subsequent images would get stored in it, separated into an easily identifiable group.

Method needs to be Quick & Dirty, appliable out in the field, no special requirements on hand, while still preferably maintaining some semblance of computer logical, or human recognisable, order in the folders naming on the card.
Yep, carrying multiple cards is one possible, although that opens up so many cans of worms on the impractical side that I can't see how it could be taken seriously.
The other obvious exclusion too is that Exif_metadata != Folder_storage level.
Hope I've covered all the silly basics.

I won't bother listing my reasons why this would be handy, I think many of you could recognise the need anyway.

So what's your method, on-the-go workaround or hack?

.R.

"Ask a question and be a fool for five minutes.
Keep quiet, and be a fool forever." -- Chinese proverb.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 03-12-2011 at 06:00 AM.
03-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #2

Pages 279 & 280 of the Kr operating Manual I suspect it the same for the Kx.
03-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by geru2000 Quote
Pages 279 & 280 of the Kr operating Manual I suspect it the same for the Kx.
Good call...
Attached Images