Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #46
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
So... how do we account for the K5 and D7000/D300s reviews then?

80% for D7000
82% for D300s
83% for K5

Same class....

woof!
For a brief moment, reason reigned

03-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote
Believe me, the Rebel is far better than Kr. As amateur, I don't need 6 fps, intervalometer or in camera filters, but I need a good AF a good metering and very precise calibrated camera(s). Not to mention the video mode much better than Kr's and, especially, the better QC of products. I owned the Kr, sent it back for its issues and bought a Rebel. The only thing that I regret the Kr is its better built quality.

PS: please, compare the Kr's picture with Rebel's picture, both taken with the kit lens and unmodified/unedited. What did you done in my place?

Sorry for the host site, but I don't have one who accept full size photos.
Yes, you get a bad k-r... but you are clueless... enjoy your other camera.
03-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #48
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Yes, you get a bad k-r... but you are clueless... enjoy your other camera.
Lol, indeed, like many others.
Thanks, already enjoy it.
03-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #49

Lol, indeed, like many others.
Thanks, already enjoy it.
Then just get the message and shove off to a canon forum. you've made your point so many times everyone is sick of it. You have nothing of interest to say as you can only ever say one thing which is tired and boring to all. Now you come on here purely to bash and slag off.

No one cares what you say or think.

03-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Its does from a cost perspective, buying a lens with AF and OS inside are generally more expensive.

I used to have Nikon D60, no AF motor or SR inside the body, so any lens I looked at (except the one cheap 35mm prime) cost a fortune b/c it needed to have AF-S and OS built in. Never mind it makes the lenses larger and heavier and greatly limits the lens selection that is fully usable on the camera.
With a few exception there are generally no big difference in price between Pentax lenses and Canon/Nikon lens of the same type with IS/VR. But Pentax does not have that many lenses that are directly comparable to anything from Canon/Nikon.

It was quite a few years since Pentax had cheap lenses as an advantage. IMO there are other things than price that are Pentax advantage as a system, like limited series primes and weather sealed budget lenses. And maybe the biggest advantage for me personally is the support for old manual lenses.
03-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
With a few exception there are generally no big difference in price between Pentax lenses and Canon/Nikon lens of the same type with IS/VR. But Pentax does not have that many lenses that are directly comparable to anything from Canon/Nikon.

It was quite a few years since Pentax had cheap lenses as an advantage. IMO there are other things than price that are Pentax advantage as a system, like limited series primes and weather sealed budget lenses. And maybe the biggest advantage for me personally is the support for old manual lenses.
A lot depends on what you are comparing. The reality is that the DA *16-50 has comparison to the 17-55 -- faster auto focus, but not as nice build and no weather sealing. Price in the US is about 400 dollars cheaper for Pentax.

Canon in general doesn't build high end lenses for cropped sensors and so there are no true comparisons to lenses like the 50-135, 60-250, or any of the DA limiteds. Having IS built in to the body does give an overall advantage to Pentax, since no fast primes are stabilized with Canon as well.

If you want full frame, Pentax is not for you, but if you interested in upper end APS-C, I can see being frustrated with the Canon lenses, even mounted on a nice body like the 7D.
03-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #52
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
Then just get the message and shove off to a canon forum. you've made your point so many times everyone is sick of it. You have nothing of interest to say as you can only ever say one thing which is tired and boring to all. Now you come on here purely to bash and slag off.

No one cares what you say or think.
I thought that you, the british, are people more educated, but, reading all your replies to me, I believe I'm wrong.
I'll go on any forum I want, when I want, not when you want.

On topic: until Pentax will create a good AF system, the homonymous cameras will remain only... toys, broken toys.
03-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
So... how do we account for the K5 and D7000/D300s reviews then?

80% for D7000
82% for D300s
83% for K5

Same class....

woof!
thats not quite right, both the D300s and the K5 were judged in the same class, however the D7000 was judged in a class below these two.....

03-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #54
Veteran Member

I thought that you, the british, are people more educated, but, reading all your replies to me, I believe I'm wrong.

On topic: until Pentax will create a good AF system, the homonymous cameras will remain only... toys, broken toys.
you are certainly on a mission arent you....not only bagging the Kr..but also in the K5 forum bagging that as well....might be time for the mods to Bag you ??
03-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #55
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
Check out this comparison of T2i and K-r. K-r scores better in all areas where it actually matters but still T2i gets a better overall score.

Canon T2i vs Pentax K-r
WOW!

Look what Snapsort says:

Definitely the K-R looks like a great option as far as image quality goes. They're very close though, and truth be told I'm not sure many people would notice the difference in color depth or dynamic range.

To see why Snapsort gives the Canon a higher score click 'explain scores': http://snapsort.com/compare/Ca...

Snapsort includes 'popularity' in the score which skews it in favor of the Canon.
03-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #56
Forum Member

Seriously, don't be rasict.

You can't judge a country by one person, and that one person perfectly deserves to be mad at you.
We all get you have a problem with Pentax.
We ALL get it.
Please stop.

Hopefully soon you'll be
03-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
thats not quite right, both the D300s and the K5 were judged in the same class, however the D7000 was judged in a class below these two.....
You are correct, however, if you read through the review, the K5 was compared to the Canon 7D, D7000 and 60D. I find the numbers are pretty useless, but the review itself and explanation of the scores are very helpful in understanding it. Basically, they felt the K5 was better ergonomically than the other cameras and the D7000 tended to overexpose when metering.
03-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #58
Pentaxian

PS: please, compare the Kr's picture with Rebel's picture, both taken with the kit lens and unmodified/unedited. What did you done in my place?
Did the sun hide when it saw your Pentax DSLR?
03-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
Thanks. Yes, you are right.

Remove the D7000. Add the 7D.

My point is not deprecated in the least. Same question is asked.

So... how do we account for the K5 and 7D/D300s reviews then?

82% for D300s
83% for K5
84% for 7D (would it fare as well today?)

Same class....

woof!
03-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #60
Veteran Member

if the D7000 was scored in the same class, I wonder what overall score it would obtain...as it is the K5 scored higher than it even though the K5 was judged for its merits in a higher class and greater competition..perhaps the D7000 would be in the mid seventies if judged direct with the K5 D300s and the 7D ?