Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by ursamajor Quote

PS: please, compare the Kr's picture with Rebel's picture, both taken with the kit lens and unmodified/unedited. What did you done in my place?

interestingly, this is my experience between k-r's picture and rebel's big brother's picture

unlike that kr vs rebel, the setting for this one is similar except for focal length.
kr was using tamron 17-50 while the other one was with using that 17-40 L series

03-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by 22an Quote
interestingly, this is my experience between k-r's picture and rebel's big brother's picture

unlike that kr vs rebel, the setting for this one is similar except for focal length.
kr was using tamron 17-50 while the other one was with using that 17-40 L series
also this one

k-r's pic and rebel's big brother's pic

i shot many similar pics between these two cameras during my trip and the results were not that much different from those two comparisons above
03-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #63

Original Poster
Sorry, I am not buying this. I am a huge Pentax fan, but this looks skewed even more than the difference in the DP review results. I cannon fathom how the T2i can look this badly.....something is not right here. And I think it only serves to reinforce the same kind of "homerism" Pentax users like to bash Canikon for.
03-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #64
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ccd333 Quote
Sorry, I am not buying this. I am a huge Pentax fan, but this looks skewed even more than the difference in the DP review results. I cannon fathom how the T2i can look this badly.....something is not right here. And I think it only serves to reinforce the same kind of "homerism" Pentax users like to bash Canikon for.
Yes, please post pictures where we can look at the exif data.

03-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Yes, please post pictures where we can look at the exif data.
Sorry, don't know how to post picture that can show exif data at the same page. But if you download and save them to your computer, then you can read the exif data in your pc.

No intention of brand-bashing at all, I just posted my experience that show that K-r is not that bad. Yes, I fully agree that perhaps there was something wrong with my 60D copy (not T2i/550D, by the way) that even my trip buddies (who lend me that L lens & encouraged me to try Canon) did not know why. I did not put any effort to investigate further because I thought that even if that 60D of mine worked excellently, that experience taught me that my Pentax gear is capable of producing comparable excellent results.
Canon is an excellent system in it's own way, just as Pentax. There are some Canon features and their advantages that I really like, that Pentax does not have, and vice versa.

To add the info, I did not keep either 60D or K-r after that trip. I sold both one week after that trip. I sold my 60D because I did not want to spend money to start a new system. I sold the K-r because of that front-focusing issue that really annoys me. I missed some supposedly good shot because of it. And no, I'm not trying to bash K-r either, here.

I'm still happy keeping my old and trusty K200D
03-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #66

Original Poster

No intention of brand-bashing at all, I just posted my experience that show that K-r is not that bad.
......and you showed a couple of photos from the 60D (my bad about the T2i reference) that you now admit must have had a problem of some sort. I think it stretches credibility when that point is not made up front, and it makes me wonder if someone had not questioned it whether or not you would have ever suggested that there was a problem.

Regardless, I am pleased to see the wonderful K-r results and I'm glad you clarified your intent.
03-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #67
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, don't know how to post picture that can show exif data at the same page. But if you download and save them to your computer, then you can read the exif data in your pc.
Have you tried that with these photos? I downloaded them and there was no data.

It does not matter. I sold my K-r. According to some discussions 'round here, I am no longer qualified to have an opinion. Phew! What a relief.

QuoteOriginally posted by ccd333:
and it makes me wonder if someone had not questioned it whether or not you would have ever suggested that there was a problem.
That's because you were the only one... besides me... that was even willing to sit around and wait for those links to appear after 45 seconds. It stretches credibility alone that anyone would use such a service in an era of flikr.

Have fun guys. I really mean that. Get out and take some pictures. I hope you someday find peace with your choice of equipment.

woof!

Galleries:
woof's Album: Single in November - PentaxForums.com
woof's Album: Single in January - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by woof; 03-20-2011 at 07:17 AM.
03-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #68

Original Poster
woof, yes....I waited for the images because that is the only way to see the differences accurately. Obviously there is something going on in the 60D pics.....esp. the second one.

I hope you decide to stick around.....I think if you're not just gratuitously bashing the K-r and grinding an axe because you had a bad experience, then who cares whether someone else thinks you're qualified to have an opinion. People can ignore your comments if they like.....or challenge your conclusions accordingly. For me, it's just when people are bitter and want to tear down a product at every possible opportunity that I tend to get upset. Constructive criticism is good for a product.

BTW, the albums I checked out of the various architectural scenes were FANTASTIC! If those were taken with the K-r (I noticed you had some very nice lenses) then it's unfortunate you sold yours and would have hoped you'd be able to fix whatever was wrong.