Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Qiki Quote
Thanks for the input guys. My favourite camera store offered me a K-r with 18-55 WR for $675. At that price it was hard to find a P&S, 4/3 etc that offered as much bang for my buck. So, after much discussion we've decided to go with the K-r. I'll post some of his pics once he's up and running.

Qiki
Fist pics from my son's K-r using 18-55 WR kit lens. A little coaching from me on how to decide upon manual settings for the night shot, but the work was entirely done by him. Neither pic has been cropped or had much editing done. Pretty commendable first up efforts IMO. What do you reckon??

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
03-26-2011, 02:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Qiki Quote
... What do you reckon??
The camera and proud (no doubt ) owner are doing good . Actually, thinking about it, a 14-year old kid might be just the person to give a techy gadget if you want to be surprised how fast someone can figure it out .
03-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
a 14-year old kid might be just the person to give a techy gadget if you want to be surprised how fast someone can figure it out .
Funny you should mention that. He had just said to me that it wasn't much harder to work out than his i-Pod was. He played with the auto settings for a couple of days, but is now using AV and M pretty much all the time (just like his Dad!).
03-26-2011, 06:20 AM   #19
Forum Member

Qiki,
Nice shots, you should be very proud!

Harlequin Great dane? We have one too... such a delight of a dog, although she sheds a ton!!

03-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mp29k Quote
Qiki,
Nice shots, you should be very proud!

Harlequin Great dane? We have one too... such a delight of a dog, although she sheds a ton!!
Close - blue merle. Sort of a reject harlequin. Dumb as box of hammers, but we love her.
03-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
wow shooting manual night shots - does he give lessons

Great Danes are heartbreakers