Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mp29k Quote
Press "Info" when in shooting mode, and you will have LOTS of quick access to otherwise buried options like SR, and color mode, etc
I forgot all about that. Thank you.

03-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote

And the horrible things are all right-handed too. Grrrr....

.R.
You got that right. Just like everything else. Discrimination I tells ya!

Despite that I think the menus are OK, once you get used to them. The user interface is basically a disaster with all these DSLRs - you have a bunch of buttons, menus, dials...all kinds of things to fiddle with. You just have to power your way through it and determine what's really important for most of what you do. Then you can work on the outlyers. Film SLRs were of course somewhat simpler but we still had dials and buttons, knobs, and other objects to manipulate for one purpose or another. Camera technology seems to be a ways away from the DWIM (Do What I Mean) interface...