Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #1

Just a little help please !

i want to buy this for $814.25

Amazon.com: Pentax SMC DA* Series 16-50mm f/2.8 ED AL IF SDM Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics

i never bought anything from amazon and i don't know exactly how it works

what i would like to know is :

1. is the lens new ?
2. does amazon offer any warranty?

and maybe 3. why is it a lot more cheaper here ? is anything that i should be aware of ?

03-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All items sold by Amazon are new and come with the manufacturer's warranty. Note, that they are a market place and other vendors participate, so you need to pay attention to see who the item is actually sold by. Items sold directly by Amazon are usually indicated as such. For example, it will read "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." Amazon does not offer their own warranty, if you need extended coverage you'll have to buy from either Square Trade or Mack. You can buy Square Trade warranties directly from Amazon. Lastly, cameras and lenses have a 30 day return policy.
03-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually....you are thinking its a discount. Its not. Pentax does not allow retailers to list any price except the MSRP. Check B&H for example and you will find its $65 LESS than Amazon once you add to cart (to check price). Good luck, enjoy!
03-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

YOu can get it for over $100 cheaper if you buy one used from a forum member here.

03-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #5

I'm thinking on buying in Amazon too , but i was wondering if the purchase includes the manufacturer's kit.

Does anyone know???
thanks
03-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #6

Original Poster
well is not worth it ,i am in England ,and to buy it from amazon i have to pay a ridiculous amount of taxes and i end up paying more than here ,i guess is worth it if you live in America