Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I really shouldn't butt in here but, just for the record, it's the green hexagon which indicates that the camera thinks it's acquired focus: the red square tells you where it's focusing.

04-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #32

@Bobodole: Yes, that is clear and I understand that. But Togo said, that he DID NOT use the focus indicator light. So that is the part, I don't understand.
04-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I'm not a camera tech, so I'm not sure why the KR seems to be front focusing. It would take just one little component inside the camera or with the lens to be out of alignment and cause a focus problem. Doozer is correct I DID NOT use the focus indicator when manually focusing. Sure there is a lot of margin for error focusing by eye with such a small and dim viewfinder, but all the photos with the Pentax DL and the same lenses seemed fine. The camera and lenses are at C.R.I.S right now awaiting repair and I'll update if I find out anything.

Last edited by ToGo; 04-10-2011 at 06:10 PM.