Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Pentaxian

kr

Hi,

I am still new in photography and baffled by Manual WB, how can I do this accurately step by step? Thank you

Also when do we use D-range? Thank you.

03-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter

on the directional button on the back of your camera. looks like a + the left tab with WB written on it is what you press to manually change the white balance setting. You can then change it from Auto WB to various other light types, they are even customizable. But generally auto WB does a pretty good job

there are two d-range settings I think one for shadows one for highlights. The shadows setting can be used to bring more detail out of shadow areas in your photos, the highlight setting will preserve some detail in very bright areas.
03-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
Forum Member

We just went over this in my photo class. First, go to the white balance menu (left arrow key I believe). Second, scroll down to the last option. I dont know what the icon is but its for manual/custom white balance. Click "ok". Third, It will show a live view and have some options on the screen. WITH A GREY CARD somewhere in the view click the shutter. Fourth, the picture will come up on the screen with a small movable square on the screen also. Move the square with the arrow buttons until the grey card fills it. Fifth, press the ok button. The white balance is now correctly adjusted to that exact light. If you move to any different light you do the process over again. It seems like a lot but pretty simple really.