Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #16
huh

Original Poster
Yes! I checked the settings and found that the Ev was accidentally set to +0.3. Maybe that was the reason. I tested a few shots today with zeroed EV and do not see any significant over expose now.

I am still not sure about the AF. I did two shots with f/2.4 and f/5.6. Attached are the cropped focus spot and the resized whole picture. Do you guys think they are in-focus? Does the sharpness look normal?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
03-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
yeah I think that looks better, but you can always check to see if your focus is right on as well, just look at any paper with printed text on it, put the camera on an about 45 degree angle to it and take a pic with your lens at its max aperture (lowest number) and see if the center of your sharp focus is in the center (the word you were pointing at).
03-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Not sure what you were hoping for, but it all looks good to me. Sure you could apply more sharpening in PP but I think that's already pretty sharp, although 1/100 handheld (I assume??) isn't going to be as sharp as it could be.

If you aren't happy with the detail there then you might need one of these

03-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ohhh My camera! now if I had that.. I would sell it and buy a better car.