Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K-r freezing/locking up

My K-r is severely malfunctioning. I've only owned it for a week and used it for a couple hours total. At first it worked fine. Then it started to occasionally freeze up (particularly in video mode). Now it's pretty much unusable. It is guaranteed to lock up, the LCD display to not turn on etc. It also won't turn off without popping the battery out.

I initially used it with an SD card I had on hand, and I didn't format the card. I've since switched to a brand new card, but I can't get it to function long enough to format the card. However, even if I take the SD card out, it still locks up. I'm suspecting the battery, but I don't have an alternative to test with. Please help!

04-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am sorry to hear your problem. I strongly recommend to return the camera to the shop for exchange.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, camera, card, format, k-r, kr, pentax k-r, sd