Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've had no problem with the two ebay batteries I bought for my K20d.

I do have the external battery grip and always use the ebay batteries in there while keeping the official Pentax battery in the camera itself.
My logic? If one of the ebay batteries goes wrong in a catastrophic way, it will take out the battery grip & should leave the K20 alone. If the supplied Pentax battery explodes I would hope that Pentax would take care of me in that case. (maybe wishful thinking).

05-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #17

At this point, my experience with the Ebay battery is that it is on par with the original. Just as many pics and no drop off on AF performance, etc. Which is amazing considering the price. Not sure how this will play out long term.
08-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
generic batteries

i have K10 and k20, 2 pentax batteries and 5 generic cells and a 'Travor' grip.
the generic cells now hold more charge than pentax cells and were 1/10th the price.
Camera house in Perth wanted $88 for a pentax cell and $280 for pentax grip.
generic parts from ebay = $8 per cell and $64 for grip with 2 cells.
the generic charger also works in the car from cigarette lighter when im travelling and can charge off my solar cell.
Genuine pentax ir remote cost $45 and failed after 3 uses, generic 1 still going after 3 years $12.

For the K100 I have even got the Travor grip with a 6v 2200mah Li-ion battery instead of using 4x AA's and it is brilliant, 800 shots miniumum between charges.
that can also charge in car.

Nicad's and NiMH are so last century, under powered and obsolete.
Im now making LED lighting for macro with 14500 Li-ion AA cells and using same system for camping lights and underwater camera lights.

Im very pleased with the ebay parts.
08-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
no problem with K-r Li ion bought from ebay. Excellent!! Good capacity as well ! ebay 2000mah vs 700mah pentax original

09-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
With the non-OEM AA adapter selling for 17.00 on ebay I would go with the AA adapter, that would provide backup using rechargeable or store bought AA's
My take on cheap Ebay batteries is this: buy wisely. Check the seller ratings, especially look closer at the specific battery type you need. If more than one user is complaining or having troubles with it most likely battery isn't that good. Most good sellers will replace bad or defect batteries by default.

My last purchase were multiple batteries for the K-20 and K-r and some for mobile phones from a power seller. All camera batteries perform excellent and are 100% equivalent to the originals. Mobile phone batteries are about 70% of performance when compared to the originals which is still OK.

Cheers,
D.
09-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #21

i purchased 3 knockoff batteries for kr,
2 of them can take 450+ shots
the last one can only take 300 shots.

so if youre an RPG gamer, you may want to ignore your STR, AGI and ENDR stat.. focus only on your LUCK, youll get a better knockoff battery . Goodluck .