Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-r and Low light lenses??? advise pleas..

PLEASE IGNORE THIS ONE.. i thought that the forum didnt post my first topic but it did...

Delete this topic please..

++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello... im a brand new pentax user and really looking forward to enter this "world"

i just bought a Pentax K-r with the kit lens ( 18-55) and the 200mm .. i think that lenses are pretty good for average pictures.. the thing is that im going to use this camera shooting nightclubs and concerts and that kind of things.. so im going to need a lens that works pretty descent under low light situations.. I also plan to shoot some little videos under the same circunstanses..

I know that K-r behaves pretty good at low light... but i need advise about the lenses...

I think that what im looking for is a 35mm or under (28mm , 24mm, etc).. and perhaps the most with a f2.8 .. i'll love to have something like a f1.4 or f1.7 but i bet those are really expensive ...

About the budget it all depends.. i think im looking for something under $500 .. ofcourse the less i can spend for the best results the better

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by kooks; 04-10-2011 at 02:38 PM.
04-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try looking at some of the older 50mm lens pentax has made. There cost should reasonable. I am using a Pentax-F series 50mm f1.4 on my K-m with no problems. There are a number of forums related to this subject in regards to which 50mm type will have the best sharpness at open aperture. Look at these forums to see if it gives you some idea what will work best for you.