Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

Basic reset function?

I have upgraded from a 4 year old Canon compact, and I am very happy with my new Pentax K-r. I have found one big difference in using this compared to my old Canon compact: Whenever I changed settings like, ISO or Exposure compensation or Flash mode, the Canon did not "remember" these changes the next time the camera was used (i.e. switched off and on again). The Pentax K-r remembers these changes, but of course I forgot that I had set them earlier, this resulted in some shots that were over exposed and using too high an ISO number.

Is there a basic reset of such settings, as opposed to a full factory reset, other members of my family also use this camera and they also experiment with these type of settings. A basic reset of such settings would be much easier, even though you can easily see most of these by scanning the rear display in non-Live View mode.

04-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
LIJ
Forum Member

There is a "Memory" function (in section 4 under the first tab when you push "Menu"). There you can choose what you want the camera to remember or not when you turn it of. Very handy, although all functions are not on that list.
04-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks LIJ, that's exactly what I was looking for!
04-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
LIJ
Forum Member

Yes its very nice. Although, as I said, there are som function I miss from the list. If I remember correctly it is the auto focus mode that the camera remembers but I would like it not to.