Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Ordered the wrong battery, should I just get the AA pack instead?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I ordered a second battery for my k-r off amazon, but it's not the correct battery. Too large to fit in my k-r, perhaps it was for the k-7 or something. I am going to return it, but I am wondering, should I just get the battery back instead of another battery?

I am under the impression that AA's last a hell of a lot longer than the standard batteries and that there are some very high quality re-chargeable batteries. Is this correct?

What would you do?

04-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #2

Depends on which AA's. Lithium AA's will last considerably longer (maybe 2-3 times or more).....the pre-charged rechargeable Eneloop style also do well. You'll do worse than the standard lithium ion if you use alkaline.

Some say there is a compromise with some speed unless using lithium (be it the original or AA's).....like with AF for example. My sense is if you buy a second standard battery then that will be sufficient for just about any shooting scenario.....and without any compromises.

That being said, it is indeed handy to be able to have both options.....I have two standards (one aftermarket generic....works fine) but intend to buy the AA adapter just to have ultimate versatility.
04-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bought this one, works well.
D-Li109 DLi109 Li-Ion Battery for Pentax K-r DSLR NEW | eBay
04-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would get the AA adapter if it was cheaper. But I can't justify paying $40 for that and then having to buy the rechargeable batteries, too, when a spare lithium ion only costs about $13-$15.