Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Astrophotography with Kr???

Hi there..

I have been trying to hook up my Kr with my reflector telescope but i cant figure out how to do it.. i mean.. i beleave i have all the pieces that i need..

I have the T2 ring that gets to the camera boddy.. i have the other piece that connects that ring with the tube that gets into the telescope eyepiece.. so ..

But when i turn the camera on ( manual focus ) the only thing that i see on the screen or viewfinder is a blank screen.. like if the light is coming in but cant correctly process it..

Just to illustrate i have something like this:

OFCOURSE... PENTAX

I did some research and i found that some cameras ( didnt specified if Pentax ) have some system that doesnt allow to take pictures if the camera doenst detect a lens, but it can be desable, so the camera can take pictures and focus.. so This applies to Pentax?? if so.. where is that setting on Kr ??

Im i missing something??

04-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes, there's a setting about "manual aperture" or something, in the last group of settings.
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
mm if i go to the last group it says

"Using Aperture Ring" .. i switch it to Permited

Do u mean that setting??
04-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Nevermind.. i think that i finally got it.. =P

im going to try it at might and lets see how it goes...

=)

04-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For manual lenses, yes - you must enable the aperture ring. However, on the top of the camera there is a mode selector, that you can turn it to "Manual" (or M) or for longer durations (over 30 sec), B for Bulb, This way you can manually control the shutter time to whatever - 2 hours and 12 minutes, etc. The Kx was limited to an IR external shutter release. I do not know if the KR permits a wired or IR (or both) external shutter release. I looked in the manual and the Kr is IR only (page 323 and 147). You should probably turn SR off, since you are on a tripod...

http://www.pentaximaging.com/images/temp/63425760400466362725879manual_k-r_en_official.pdf

edit - You might want to set your shutter release for first push open, and the next push close the shutter. I believe you can also select 2 second mirror up, too.

Last edited by interested_observer; 04-22-2011 at 04:35 PM.
04-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Forum Member

Also get yourself an infared remote, cheap as chips on ebay and works a treat - probably best to avoid touching the camera if at all possible whilst shooting.