Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #1

will this lens work

i am new to dslr photography and my new kr will be here tomorrow hoping it dont have all the problems i am reading about on this forum actually wondering if i should not have got something different after reading all the issues people are having with ff , shutter buttons popping off the edial wheel and so on, anyway if i keep the camera i am looking at this lense and was wondering if it would work with the kr.
AF017P700 Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD 1:2 Auto Focus Macro Zoom Lens with Hood for Pentax AF, 6 Year USA Warranty

thanks in advance for any help i am also thinking about the pentax 55-300 but not sure yet.

05-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it will work, but you have to be sure you're getting the version in the Pentax mount.

Check our reviews of the 55-300 here: SMC Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-09-2011, 06:06 AM   #3

Original Poster
It says it is a pentax af fitment so I am guessing that is the correct one if I am wrong please advise me
thanks in advance
05-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
There are many more people lurking here that are happy with their KRs than you think. They are a fantastic camera and I for one would not part with mine.
Yes some people ARE having problems but evaluate YOUR camera and make up your own mind about it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

05-11-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with Nobby. I'm extremely pleased with my K-r. I didn't find out about the ff issue until after I'd had it a week or so. It does exist, but only in certain situations and it can be worked around. Don't let yourself prejudge the camera before you even get to try it. Depending on the type of pictures you take, you may not even notice it.