Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #1

Over Exposed

My wife and I used our new K-r this weekend to take pictures of my band playing at an indoor event and several of the pictures taken of the crowd in attendance seamed over exposed. The camera was set to auto and the flash was also auto. Most of the pictures taken was at 3200 ISO set by the camera. Is the ISO the problem for the over exposurer?

05-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #2

Maybe is the ISO, but i did the same this weekend and it happened the same at lower ISO.

Well, yesterday tried lightroom to process this "overexposed" pictures and just for curiosity tried the autoadjust and the results was very good, but this is the strange part, lightroom did not change the exposure, instead lowered the bright and added black.

hope this help you
05-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do not a K-r and can only share a few suggestions:

*When you PP your shots on computer, can you correct the exposure properly? In the affirmative, it will be easy to fix with in-computer PP. In the negative, you might need to use more manual controls.

*What lens did you use? I found that the low-light conditions are better dealt with using prime lenses (f2.8, f1.8 or f1.4) than by others.

*I doubt that the Auto ISO (only) causes the overexposure IMO.

Food for thoughts....
05-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
its always helpful to post one of the offending images so the problem can be better diagnosed.