Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #1

K-r Black out LCD

I have a Pentax k-r camera that its screen doesn't turn on. It could be because its case (it is a very well padded case) fell. Can its LCD completely be broken? The suspicious thing is that when I push the Live button, its mirror doesn't turn (there is no sound of turning).
I can take picture using the optical view finder so I thing the shutter and mirror is OK.

Besides, how and where in US can I fix it?

05-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If it was dropped, anything could happen. If it's within warranty, you may get lucky.
05-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
Forum Member

Definitely, send it in for warranty repairs...Though I'll probably omit the failing bit.
05-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by masood_mj Quote

Besides, how and where in US can I fix it?
For my country the first port of call for service & repairs would be the retail source where I bought the camera, but laws and protocols in your region may be different (only you could know what applies there).

Regarding the official Pentax service and or warranty claim procedure; aside from the List of contact addresses supplied in paper form with your camera when you bought it, this website could be a handy reference for your locality (US) and a toll free call should get the answers you require:

Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

.R.

05-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
For my country the first port of call for service & repairs would be the retail source where I bought the camera, but laws and protocols in your region may be different (only you could know what applies there).

Regarding the official Pentax service and or warranty claim procedure; aside from the List of contact addresses supplied in paper form with your camera when you bought it, this website could be a handy reference for your locality (US) and a toll free call should get the answers you require:

Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

.R.
Thanks for your reply. Does the following term in the page you have forwarded means that the product has warranty in the first year of purchase? (I have bought it from Amazon)

QuoteQuote:
If within one year from the date of purchase, include a copy of your dated proof of purchase (sales receipt, charge slip, etc.). This is required for all warranty repairs; otherwise, we will send you a repair estimate