Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2011, 02:40 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
My k-r has arrived!!!

Received my k-r yesterday and I was surprised to learn that it has an extended warranty with it. The warranty covers the camera for three years.

I am so excited to go to my sons lacrosse games this summer and take photos. I am sure that no one will have a white camera. Most of the people in my area have Nikon or Cannon. I still have my Nikon D50 body (although it is broken) and the k-r feels so much more comfortable.

This past spring, I took Photo I at my local community college. I must say that this camera is much more difficult than the film camera that I used for the class. I only used the Nikon D50 as a point and shoot.

This time I am going to really get to know the camera so I should be a regular on this thread.

Cheers!!

05-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That sounds great. I hope that you get some good use out of it. The white camera should stick out in the crowd. The extended warrenty is a great plus to have. Getting to use the camera in all its modes will help you get the most out of it. I look forward to seeing most posts from you!
05-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
While you are learning, the K-R can be used as a point & shoot, just put it in P mode and shoot.
05-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #4

K-r=love

Congrats! I can so imagine the feeling! Im using a KR too and i love it! Mine is in hot devil red hehe! Everywhere i go, people always compliment my KR

05-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
Forum Member

Was the K-r released in orange in Japan, or would that more likely be a K-x? Saw a girl (presumably from Japan) on the weekend who had one -- very nice, rich colour.
05-26-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by torpesco Quote
Was the K-r released in orange in Japan, or would that more likely be a K-x? Saw a girl (presumably from Japan) on the weekend who had one -- very nice, rich colour.
There's a black and orange k-r and just about every other colour under the sun. Just saw a pink and yellow on ebay - yuk.
Most seem to be coming out of Taiwan and they are up quite a lot in price. Many listed for Australian market at ebay.com.au . Take a peek if you like awful colour mixes (red is ok with me but Pink + Yellow = no taste at all)
05-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
Forum Member

Wow. When I search for "K-r orange" on ebay, those are all very different than what I saw, and either the pictures are bad or the orange grips are not very attractive. Just did some searching. I think it was probably this orange K-x.
05-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
Forum Member

Wow - there's a DA35 f/2.4 in blue? Though my K-r is black, that's kind of tempting.

05-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Wow. When I search for "K-r orange" on ebay, those are all very different than what I saw, and either the pictures are bad or the orange grips are not very attractive. Just did some searching. I think it was probably this orange K-x.
That's heaps better looking if you like orange. To me some of those colours cry out "steal me". I'd be asking "does it come in black?"
05-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Wow - there's a DA35 f/2.4 in blue? Though my K-r is black, that's kind of tempting.
and red, pink, yellow, silver, purple, green. gold, silver, white .... and, of course, black
05-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very best of luck and success with your new "toy". You are going to love it, I am sure.