Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

Are K-r and K-5 lens interchangeable.

I have currently got a K-r love it but I'm looking to move up to K-5 but was wondering if my lens to the K-r would work with the K-5 until I find what I want to put on the K-5. Bobby

05-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by buckskin Quote
I have currently got a K-r love it but I'm looking to move up to K-5 but was wondering if my lens to the K-r would work with the K-5 until I find what I want to put on the K-5. Bobby
No issue at all, any lens you can use on the K-r you can use identically on the K-5 later.
05-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
YES. All Pentax K-mount bayonnet can be mounted indifferently on K-r, K-x, K-7, K-5, K-20d, ....

This is a great strength of the Pentax offer. Your lenses are compatible with so many Pentax camera model. Similarly, you can mount a very wide range of lenses on your camera.

For older lenses with screwmount, see the threads:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/87589-photos-k-m42-m...-k-mounts.html
05-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax are renowned for their lens interchangeability, one of their best features IMHO.

05-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
This is a great strength of the Pentax offer
QuoteOriginally posted by Joe Nation Quote
Pentax are renowned for their lens interchangeability
The Pentax K-mount was brought out in like the late 70s, so you got a whole 30 years worth of lenses that will fit any pentax model.