Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #1

Is the K-r right for me?

Hi guys,

I'm new to digital photography and am planning to purchase the K-r at some time in the next few weeks, but I need to be sure that it has the custom settings that I require. My main interest is astrophotography, but the camera will also be used for wildlife shots and even some family photos. With the astrophotography in mind, does the K-r have the mirror-lock function? and if not, is this something I really need to worry about? I have read many reviews on the K-r and it seems that thenoise reduction performance at higher ISOs would be suitable for my intended uses. Is there anyone here who uses the K-r for astrophotography who can recommend (or even steer me clear of...) this model?

Many Thanks in advance,

Mike G

06-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it has MLU- as far as shutter control goes it should have all the features you need. There are plenty of astrophotographers around here and I'm sure you'll get some more details replies soon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
Excellent! Well, I kinda got all excited and I've actually purchased the K-r now xD
I found a deal at a local Currys store (I'm in the UK) for the K-r with the 18-55mm and 50-200mm lenses for £499.99 (around $799). It's charging now, so hopefully I'll have my first few pictures ready in the next couple of days.