Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #1

New K-r, screen problem

Hi, everyone. I received my new k-r this noon and found there is problem about the screen. The color of the screen is very strange. Please see the attached pics for reference.

I have tried to set up with some threads posted before but have never solved it. Any message from you is welcome.

Attached Images

06-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Weird. That's two this week with this problem. It almost looks like the color depth of this one is too low, like badly displaying 16 bit colour when it should be 32 bit (although that's just an example, I'm not sure what the correct colour depth is with the K-r).

Thanks for posting this. I've now decided that when I get mine (which should be soon) I'll get it from a brick and mortar so I can verify it's alright before paying.
06-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #3

Original Poster
i searched corresponding message about this problem,,,,it seems that it isn't a common problem,,,
06-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
MJL
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Return it

Definitely a display screen problem. It looks like a 10 or 15 years old "bleeding" LCD screen due to humidity & temperature on old digital cameras. Return the unit and ask for an exchange or refund.

06-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJL Quote
Definitely a display screen problem. It looks like a 10 or 15 years old "bleeding" LCD screen due to humidity & temperature on old digital cameras. Return the unit and ask for an exchange or refund.
OK, i will replace it.