Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2012, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Karlito

I retract my suggestion that you may be a troll. I went back and re your previous postings. IMHO the problem you are having with your photos is that you bought the K-r with the kit lens which really is the minimal quality one would want to use and then expect your images to be as good as those who may be using much better lenses but in reality are photographers who have 5, 10 20 or even 40 years of experience. I have been a photographer for almost 40 years a few of them in jobs where photography was a major part of my duties and am still learning.

The camera is a very capable model, your 50mm is a great lens. Learn how to use it by reading, shooting and reviewing both what you shot and what you read. Same advise goes to any new photographer or some one new to dSLR photography. I do not get the impression from your other threads that you are experienced enough to be able to make the judgement you proclaim and trying to convince a new photographer to go with another brand based on the fact that you have not been able to instantaneously create as good photographs as those who have worked at learning their craft. Practice and learn and perhaps upgrade your kit lens. Also see if you can swap K-r with some one for a hour or two shooting together (or a different model but use the same lenses) and then go back to your camera and try their better lens and see if it is indeed the camera or yourself. If you think you should be able to take as great a photograph as some of those posted on those threads where you asked for advise at this point in your learning curve then your expectations are nor realistic. Either learn photography, change brands and find the same thing or drop this hobby. You will be frustrated if you expect pro results without learning how first.