Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I just read in this article that it takes atleast 6 to 8 hours to fully recharge 2700NIMH batteries - Rechargeable battery charging time and mA current calculator | Convert to units and culinary measures.
Whats your experience with eneloop batteries? How long were you charging your batteries?

Guna

06-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I use the Eneloops with the Sanyo charger . Yes the light from red to yellow to green and work flawless
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
I use the Eneloops with the Sanyo charger . Yes the light from red to yellow to green and work flawless
How long does it took for you to charge them fully?
06-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Almost all of my battery charging experience comes from Amateur Radio, but the concepts are similar.

Look at your charger and see how many milliamps it puts out when charging. Divide that number into your battery capacity and that should give you the theoretical number of hours to fully charge the batteries from "dead".

Now add about 25%... that should give you a more realistic number of hours to charge from "dead"

Having said all that, mains voltages and frequencies that fluctuate, running an AC charger off an inverter (non sine wave) or using a 50Hz charger on 60 Hz mains (or vice versa) can play havoc with the charger's circuitry and cause it to think the batteries are charged when they aren't.

To see if you have a bad cell, put a voltmeter across the terminals of each cell. If one cell shows a markedly lower voltage than the others (assuming they have all been used/charged/discharged as a set), chances are you have a bad cell.

Regards

06-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Maha C9000
Make that 2!

MAHA / POWEREX MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer for 4 AA / AAA

Aso great review of the battery charger is at:

Maha MH-C9000 Wizard One Charger

Hope this helps.
06-26-2011, 03:01 AM   #21

Photos: Gallery
Batteries will work in all regions - it is probably the charger at fault as you get the problem with two brands of batteries. I suggest you buy a set of Energizer Lithium AA's and see how long they last - you should get at least a thousand shots from them. If they don't last long then your camera is at fault.
07-19-2011, 04:49 AM   #22

Thank you. I'm facing the same trouble with my Pentax K-x. Hoping for the best!

Last edited by photohubber; 07-19-2011 at 06:28 AM.
07-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #23

Original Poster
Thank you all. I did a test with a made in Singapore charger and fully charged the eneloops and on the first day I shot around 250 pics without flash on 17-Jun-2011. Still the batteries are not fully depleted, I mean I can use them on my k-x and take few shots even now. It seems having a charger specific to the country AC is better.

But I still feel my k-x is not showing the correct battery status. Hope for the best...

Cheers
Guna