Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Won't eject?

Every single time I hook up my K-r to my computer to dump all my photos and then try to eject it when I'm done, it won't let me. It says that it cannot be ejected and it tells me to try quitting applications. I quit all of my applications and it still won't eject... I've been just turning my camera off to take it out, which is bad, I know, but IDK how else to eject it... Help?

06-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Windows or unix?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
oh, that'd be important to mention. unix
06-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

As long as it isn't accessing the card when you turn it off, that shouldn't be an issue. It's pretty normal to hotswap any usb device without asking your OS to let it go, post Windows 98 anyway.

06-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've seen macs corrupt data on the device, but not other unix-based systems.

Maybe there's an application in the background trying to access the card, like maybe a photo browser?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Get a SDHC card reader to plug into the USB port on your computer instead of hooking up the camera. They are cheap, they don't deplete your camera battery and I don't have problems with card readers.
06-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

gp1086 is right, I don't think that there are a number of forum members who still attach the camera to the computer via a usb cable. Most of them would just take out the card off the camera and either attach it directly to the comp if it has multi-media memory slots or use an SDHC or multi-memory card reader, those 6-in-1 or how many memory slots it has.
They are cheap and they work.