Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Manual Focus Lenses For K-r

Hi,

I have K-r and it has AF and MF on it. If I am going to use Manual Focus Lens, will this feature will still be available? or let me say can I still use Auto Focus with this lenses.

What do you recommend if I am for sports and wildlife is Bower 800mm f/8 Manual Focus Lens an okey lens? or Rokinon 800mm/ 1600mm F8.0 Pentax Mirror Lens or???

Thank you.

07-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
If you have a manual focus lens, it will only be able to manual focus regardless what you have the switch set to.

You can use 'Catch In Focus' with a manual focus lens though. It's a function that prevents the shutter from opening unless the center is focused.
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
SMC-Pentax-K-135-600mm-F6.3-Zoom-Lens is this an ok lens?

Thank you so much!!!
07-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 with orangepeel. With a MF lens, it does not matter whether you are in AF.S, AF.C or MF, because there is o AF mechanism in the lens.

For info on lenses, you should visit the PF user reviews:
Third-Party Lenses for Pentax - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database

incl. the in-depth review section:
Pentax Lens Reviews | Pentax in-depth reviews | PentaxForums.com

Lastly the following recent thread my interest you:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/146443-manual-f...we-afraid.html

Hope that the comment will assist...

Last edited by hcc; 07-05-2011 at 12:15 AM.
07-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vampsy Quote
SMC-Pentax-K-135-600mm-F6.3-Zoom-Lens is this an ok lens?

Thank you so much!!!
It's gigantic- more of a collector's item IMO

Here's a listing of all genuine pentax manual focus lenses: smc Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Comprehensive Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-05-2011, 02:50 AM   #6
Pentaxian

if you are not experienced with shooting telephoto I don't recommend beginning with a 800mm lens or the other gigantic lens you suggested, you will probably have a very hard time handling and getting a reasonable shot with those. you can try a 200mm or 300mm lens, which are more common and easier to handle