Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #1

Bracketed shot

hi all,

is it possible to shoot 3 bracketed shots with remote ??
i cant seem to shoot with remote when i set to bracketed mode.

07-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

If memory serves me right, the only way to do this with remote is

A. Use a wired remote
B. Use a remote that plugs into the remote plugin(side socket).
07-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan83 Quote
hi all,

No... the drive mode does not allow for use of a remote when in bracketed drive mode. I do not think there is a wired remote port for the K-r is there? Assuming not, there is no way to shoot a bracket with a remote. To heck with FF issue, this was why i sold my K-r frankly.

woof!
07-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan83 Quote
hi all,

This is one of the key reasons why I'm going to upgrade to a K-5, I often want to take bracketted photos on a tripod and there's no way to do this without pushing and holding the shutter down during the whole sequence, not exactly ideal for sharpness!!

07-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
No... the drive mode does not allow for use of a remote when in bracketed drive mode. I do not think there is a wired remote port for the K-r is there? Assuming not, there is no way to shoot a bracket with a remote. To heck with FF issue, this was why i sold my K-r frankly.

woof!
Wow I had no idea the Kr didn't have a remote shutter port
Reminds me of just how good the earlier Pentax models were in contrast to the newer entry level ones of today.
Very sad...

Last edited by JohnBee; 07-05-2011 at 07:28 PM.
07-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I should have mentioned you can do a series of manually bracketted shots with a remote, but that gets tedious and there is a risk of 1) the scene changing between shots and 2) shifting the camera a little as you touch it to adjust the shutter speed between each shot. It would be sooooooo much nicer to push the cable release once and fire off 5 bracketted shots.
07-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #7

Original Poster
thanks all for the replies...

too bad for such a nice camera.. so not only with remote also cannot use timer and bracket mode at the same time then..
07-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote

woof!

I ran into this the other day when I wanted to do a tripod-based HDR... My Canon G9 has a better interface.

I can't begin to understand why Pentax would foist this absurd limitation on users. It's very nice that there is software that does some compensation for image shift in handheld HDRs, but why deny the user the choice?

In darker moods I conjecture that this is very cheesy "product differentiation" to position the k-5 at a higher level than the k-r... but that would be insane in a world in which rival manufacturers offer this feature in lower end systems.

It looks increasingly like my first Pentax system will be my last. This ridiculous drive mode bracketing implementation, along with front focusing in artificial light has created a poor impression of the brand. I still enjoy shooting with the K-r in the right conditions, but I have cancelled all plans on any additional lens purchases outside the sub-=$100 used category... it just doesn't make sense to throw good money after bad.

For the sake of those with heavy investments in Pentax glass, I hope the Ricoh deal brings positive change.

07-06-2011, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Well the Nikon D3100 has no bracketting drive mode whatsoever. Even more serious it has no AF motor in the body.

All the entry level bodies have compromises and features missing that are present in the high level bodies, it happens to be that this is the compromise of the Pentax bodies. Yet we get high a level feature like the pop up being able to control off camera flash in pTTL and Hi speed continuous mode of 6 FPS !!!

The grass is always greener, until you do a bit more research...