Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Neither photo to me suggests BF, shooting at f5.6 and with the amount of camera shake and subject movement in those photos, it's impossible to diagnose BF or FF for that matter. I'd worry about how you are going to get a more appropriate shutter speed and not about FF/BF just yet.

07-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #17

Did some comprehensive test on the KR inside, with my dog moving about. Any blurs were related to camera movement, subject movement. Interestingly enough there are three focus settings. Off the top of my head they are single point, five point (default) and is it 11 point.

Had it on 5 point and the camera seemed to focus on the larger object in the frame rather than the centre of the frame. But it was much improved when I switched to single point.

Also had a much better picture with auto white balance than with flash white balance. Tungsten was terrible.

All in all, I think the KR is very good. Hoping my E-dial, with constant use will not stick or need cleaning.
07-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #18

[langtitle=nl]Mogelijke oplossing[/langtitle]

QuoteOriginally posted by costas60 Quote
took this photo a few days ago
focusing on child with black top
is this a FF issue?
Hallo,
Ook ik gebruik een Pentax K-R. Een paar dagen terug maakte ik foto's in een restaurant waar ik was met collega's. Veel van mijn foto's zagen er vergelijkbaar als de jouwe uit. Het leek of ze onscherp waren. Thuis maakte ik testfoto's en ook die waren niet echt scherp. ook bleek in mijn geval het menu waar je de ISO waarde kunt instellen onbereikbaar.
Toen heb ik een reset uitgevoerd naar de fabrieksinstellingen. Daarna waren de testfoto's weer haarscherp! Vreemd maar waar.
Ook het scherpstellen gaat na het resetten weer super snel.

Groet uit Nederland,

Rob
07-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #19

New firmware update to 1.11 has some talk about fixing focus contrast under tugsten light. This may be the ff issue, because on the Pentax user website in the UK, it does not appear to be an issue. I will be interested to see if there is any change. Not that I noticed and ff or bf, before.