Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #46
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mlatour Quote
Below are a few links to the website I participate in, examples of urban / street lighting
where my K-x (used for all of these pics) focuses fine while my K-r using the sames lenses
just doesn't work well at all under the lights. Same lenses but in natural light, the K-r is spot on.

(note my K-x AF was recently calibrated at Pentax using their shop's 'master lens' as a baseline)

CODE ROUGE - Intervention

Lenses used : Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC MACRO & DA 12-24mm

Our website's main page: CODE ROUGE - Montreal firefighters unofficial website
for those interested in firefighting related infos and fire grounds photography in Montreal.

Anyway, I will be sending the K-r back to Pentax soon for inspection/repair...

Michel
Those are excellent shots. Was any post colour correction done? The light seems fairly cool so I'd definitely send the k-r in with the lens you usually use. Put it this way, there's nothing to lose by sending it in except some time.

07-27-2011, 02:57 AM   #47

I do very little post correction to my pics, a bit of 'sharpen' and 'clarify'
is usualy all that is done, but nothing much is ever done to the colours
unless they are really off.

The webmaster and I use the same older version of 'Paint Shop Pro 7' to PP.
For the website's intended audience, pic subject is the priority way before image quality.

Michel

Last edited by mlatour; 07-27-2011 at 02:34 PM.
07-29-2011, 03:03 AM   #48

From 1.10 to 1.11, monitor issue??

Just upgraded from 1.10 to 1.11 and soon after that (not during the first shots after the upgrade but the next day) I had this issue which I haven't faced before during my six months with K-r:

After shooting, the LCD monitor became black and white and was filled with horizontal stripes...The Instant Replay image was seen behind those stripes, but without any colors. Also the Menu looked like that after the Instant Replay view had disappeared.

I powered off the camera, then turned back on, display was OK but the same thing happened after the next shot.
Then I removed the battery for about 10 seconds (it was fully charged), and after that K-r did it's job as always, no problems any more.
The images were all OK in SDHC card, so luckily the LCD monitor was the only one malfunctioning.

So, I have no idea if that was caused by the new firmware or not.
Any others here with a similar problem after (or before) upgrading to 1.11?
07-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #49

I've never had that specific problem, but doing a hard reset (pulling the battery for at least 10 seconds) solves an amazing range of problems in all sorts of electronics gear, from printers to cell phones.

07-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #50

Photos: Albums
upgraded to 1.11 and never had a problem
08-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #51
SJR

Hey guys, got some problems with downloading... Have copy that FWCDC208B file to memory card, but when I put camera on (while pressing menu) there comes "Pentax Kr Ver: 1,00" text. So what I'll do to get 1.11?
08-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #52
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Put the firmware file in the root directory of the SD card then hold the menu button while you turn the camera on.

08-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #53
SJR

Thanks buddy!
08-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #54

Firmware Ver 1.00

I Just checked my K-r is using version 1.00. I would like to get the latest 1.11 firmware so should I upgrade to Version 1.01 first and then the later releases to benefit from all the changes or just downloading the latest one would do?

Cheers
08-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lovejoy Quote
I Just checked my K-r is using version 1.00. I would like to get the latest 1.11 firmware so should I upgrade to Version 1.01 first and then the later releases to benefit from all the changes or just downloading the latest one would do?

Cheers
You can go straight to 1.11 directly.
08-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #56

QuoteOriginally posted by Basten Quote
Just upgraded from 1.10 to 1.11 and soon after that (not during the first shots after the upgrade but the next day) I had this issue which I haven't faced before during my six months with K-r:

After shooting, the LCD monitor became black and white and was filled with horizontal stripes...The Instant Replay image was seen behind those stripes, but without any colors. Also the Menu looked like that after the Instant Replay view had disappeared.

I powered off the camera, then turned back on, display was OK but the same thing happened after the next shot.
Then I removed the battery for about 10 seconds (it was fully charged), and after that K-r did it's job as always, no problems any more.
The images were all OK in SDHC card, so luckily the LCD monitor was the only one malfunctioning.

So, I have no idea if that was caused by the new firmware or not.
Any others here with a similar problem after (or before) upgrading to 1.11?
Hi,

I have a K-r running 1.01 and I had the same issue yesterday.
I don't think it's related to firmware 1.11.

Idan.
08-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #57

excellent!
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by IdanM Quote
Hi,

I have a K-r running 1.01 and I had the same issue yesterday.
I don't think it's related to firmware 1.11.

Idan.

Yep, I have K-r with 1.01 and have same issue once in a while for no obvious reason. I do not believe it is the firmware 1.11 issue.
01-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #59

which version to download

I've been lurking for a little while, reading some interesting stuff about using older lenses on the K-r (which I love, by the way). Inspired me to go out and buy a couple of lenses on eBay (waiting for them to come in) and to sign up for the forum. Now to the real reason for this post.

I went to the firmware download page to grab the latest firmware update for my K-rand saw versions for Windows and Mac. I use Linux. Where does that leave me? Which version should I download? It appears that the Windows version is a self-extracting file (presumably if you have Windows), so I'm not sure if I can use that one. The Mac file is apparently a .zip file, which I might be able to extract.

Are there other Linux users on here who can provide some guidance? Thanks.
01-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #60
Veteran Member

The file just needs to be extracted and put on your sdcard. Grab the zip and open it with 7 zip and it should be fine.