Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #1

New K-r...

So it's time to 'retire' the K100d and move to a new K-r... but i'm having an issue making a decision or 20... do i get black or white? body only or with the new kit lens? or do i opt for the body plus 35mm AL...

Body $499.
Body 18-55mm - $579.
Body 35mm AL - $639.

Already have a selection of lenses from 18- 55mm kit to FA 50mm, Sigma 70-300, M 135 3.5, fa 35-70, Helios 44-4...so i'm not really sure i care to have the 35mm or the 18-55... as i can put the extra $140. towards a Tamron 28-75mm zoom and probably get more use out of it............ or is the 35mm AL that much of a "gem"?

thoughts?

07-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get the black body with the 35mm F2.4. If you already have an 18-55, there's no reason to get a new one made of plastic

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #3

The 55-300 lens even the DAL is a good quality allround lens. I got a white one, my wife thought it didnt look as professional, but I like it. There are a couple of other decent colours The metal brown, and a dark camo colour look good.

Lets not be too boring.

One thing, buying the kit lenses with the camera is the cheaoest was to buy, even if you keep them as a spare.
07-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #4

Original Poster
Well... the black has been decided, just not sure on the body vs 35mm kit... i mean, if i really need it later on it's only another $35 extra to buy it on it's own...