Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Suggest me a Good Budget Tripod for KR !

Hello Pentaxians,

I will be buying my first tripod for Pentax KR so i have no idea about which brand and model is good, So i need your help in getting a good Tripod my req will be
--> Nature Photography
--- > Tripod should take the load of Maximux KR + SMC 55-300mm
--> some times Indoor Photography
--> Budget is around 130 to 150 USD
---> It should not be heavy

Please suggest me some good options.

Thanks,

--
AJ

07-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
Site Supporter

I recently bought one of these and am impressed for the price but still need to give it a really good workout to know for sure. Fotopro C-5i with FPH51G Ball Head Tripods
50% off shipping of you order through the DWI Facebook page.
07-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I've been extremely happy with my purchase:
Dolica Proline (Aluminum) reviews - Photographic/Pentax Accessory Database - Flash, Grip, Camera Bag Reviews
07-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #4

I was recently at the same place you are. Buying my first tripod for my K-r. I got a Bogen 3011 with a 3025 3D head from KEH for only $72 after shipping. I was only rated "BGN"(bargain bin quality) but its in great working condition; a few scratches and scuffs is all.

Find the model you want and try to find one used. You could potentially get a pretty high quality tripod and head for your budgeted amount.

You probably want a ball head for doing wildlife photos. The 3d head is great for still-life, landscape, portraits, and pretty good for macro, but you'd probably want something a little easier and quicker to move and tighten.

I'm pretty amateur so take all I said with a large, but not lethal, dose of salt. I'm still learning these sorts of things myself.

07-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote

I got one when it was on sale for $18.50 :-) Works OK with primes, might be a little too light for longer lenses in the wind.
07-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I got one when it was on sale for $18.50 :-) Works OK with primes, might be a little too light for longer lenses in the wind.
I've got a good copy I guess because I have had no issues with my K-x + DAL55-300. I, too, got mine when they were on sale for $18.50 and have since moved the ball head to my monpod and am using a Manfrotto ball head on the Dolica now (mostly because I needed multiple plates and the dolica is not one where you can order additional plates but my Manfrotto came with 3 ).