Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #1

Kr AF Fine adjustment

Looking at the AF fine adjustment, no 21 in the config section.

My question is "if i make a fine adjustment f or b, will that adjustment only occur when that particular lens is on the camera or will it occur with all lenses on the camera. Is there a way to use it with that particular lens only."

07-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter

You have to change it for each lens. Unfortunately there is no memory function for more than one at a time
07-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #3

Original Poster
I suppose I will have to keep a card in my camera bag on any AF adjustments. I wonder if it would be necessary to have different AF fine adjustments for different levels of zoom in say a 55-300. That could be a nightmare, or would an AF adjustment if required be good for the whole range, on any particular lens.
07-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Surfwatch Quote
I suppose I will have to keep a card in my camera bag on any AF adjustments. I wonder if it would be necessary to have different AF fine adjustments for different levels of zoom in say a 55-300. That could be a nightmare, or would an AF adjustment if required be good for the whole range, on any particular lens.
It depends on the lens and the light. Some lenses might front or back focus more or less at certain zoom ranges, or only in Tungsten for example.

You'll have to play around until you find a setting that works for you most of the time, or in certain circumstances.