Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

He (she?) looks less than thrilled!

Always nice to see someone enjoying their new camera. The K-r is a good one, especially for the price, despite what some people say. It's not entirely without issues, but what device these days is?

I'd be curious about your impressions of using PSP for raw files. Photoshop, or its lighter variants (Lightroom, Elements, etc) is considered the standard, I think. Adobe Camera Raw is the component that comes with Photoshop, and I'm quite pleased with it. Better than the Pentax one anyway.

Opinions will differ on this, but I'd suggest you shoot dng files for raw. Some people have had some funky colour casts when trying to develop pef, and I don't know of any advantage to using them. I think pef is essentially deprecated.

08-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the K-r family! I got mine in March and it's been quite a fun ride so far. Can't wait to see more of your photos as you get accustomed to the camera. I, too, came from point and shoot land and had much to learn, but I found the K-r a very easy camera to learn on. And I learn something new each time I use it.