Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K-r Instruction book

Hi I am new to this site,
I have just bought a K-r kit after a Sony A200. My question is does anyone publish a guide to the K-r. I had a Magic Lantarn guide for my A200 which was pretty good. I would like to get something similar for my K-r. (which is a far better camera than the A200)

08-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi JRKR,

Yvon Bourque has made good ebooks for all Peantx DSLR's - see this link: PENTAX DSLRs

Unfortunately, he did not make one especially for the K-r even though it had been announced earlier ... Anyway, you can get the one for the K-x; the K-r is not that much different in terms of functions, and the improvements do not need a special ebook ...

Otherwise, I recommend to really read the Pentax manual which is excellent in my eyes. As an addition, I would rather recommend a good book about (D)SLR photography - many things are 'device independent' ...

Cheers,

Eriol
08-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-7 Magic Lantern...

QuoteOriginally posted by JRKR Quote
Hi I am new to this site,
I have just bought a K-r kit after a Sony A200. My question is does anyone publish a guide to the K-r. I had a Magic Lantarn guide for my A200 which was pretty good. I would like to get something similar for my K-r. (which is a far better camera than the A200)
You could also get the K-7 Magic Lantern Guide. Obviously some of it won't be applicable, but I have found it helpful for the K-r. Of course having a K-5 helps weed out the differences between the three models.
08-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #4

I had a magic lantern guide for my K20D, as well as the supplied manual when I bought the camera. While the magic lantern guide had some extra benefits over the manual, I dont think that it was that good that it warranted spending the money on it. The manual, if read very carefully and used with experimentation, is just about as good as you can get.