Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #1

Sigma lenses

Hi

I have a MZ-50 with a 28-105mm and a 100-300mm lenses, both Sigma. I am looking for a DSLR and I would like to know if these lenses will be compatible with the K-r. Can anyone help?

Stephen

09-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe so....
09-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma made many generations of lenses in the past 30+ years, so a bit more info is needed. Are these AF or manual focus? For what it's worth, I'm using a Sigma DL 100-300 f/4.5-6.7 autofocus lens (Quantaray label), and it's quite happy on my k-r. You might check the third-party lens database and see if your lenses match up with what has been tried by forum members. Note that Sigma has Current and Legacy sections for zooms.. and note that my review is in the 100-300 section if that's your lens.
09-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If they work with your MZ-50, they will work on any Pentax DSLR and support the same functions as they did on the MZ-50.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Sigma made many generations of lenses in the past 30+ years, so a bit more info is needed. Are these AF or manual focus? For what it's worth, I'm using a Sigma DL 100-300 f/4.5-6.7 autofocus lens (Quantaray label), and it's quite happy on my k-r. You might check the third-party lens database and see if your lenses match up with what has been tried by forum members. Note that Sigma has Current and Legacy sections for zooms.. and note that my review is in the 100-300 section if that's your lens.
It's a AF and it appears to be the same as yours as per your review, my 28-105mm is AF as well and I will assume that if the bigger one will work on a K-r then the smaller one will as well
09-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Yes, your lenses will work with the K-r.
I have heard some people are having problems with the front/back focus correction with the body not identifying different Sigma lenses. However, never experienced this with my Sigmas. This may happen with the K-5 and K7 as they can have different settings for several lenses. My understanding is that the K-r has only one, and therefore this should not be an issue with it.