Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
Forum Member

Just picked up a Pentax K-R, any special configurations?

Just got my Pentax K-R, the 18-55mm Kit lens and the 35mm 2.4 lens. Its seems like a real solid camera, I like. This is my first DSLR so I did take the time and read the manual (most of it atleast) and it looks like there is a thousand ways to configure this camera.

Is there anything I should change on the default configuration to make it more user friendly/better? What do you guys use your "Green Button" for?

I have been shooting in mostly Aperture or Shutter priority mode if that helps at all.

09-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #2

I use my "green botton" for digital preview.
Keep in mind that in my (short) experience, Pentax seems to be quite conservative towards highlights, since it is able to recover lots of details from shadows. It seems to me that my exposure meter (don't know if this is the right translation from Italian...) is calibrated at something like -0.7 eV, so I usually adjust exposure by +1/3 eV or +2/3 eV.
09-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #3

personally i use this:
-extended iso (to enable iso 100)
-awb +2 amber (personal taste, i like warm colors)
-iso steps as ev steps
-disable noise reduction until iso iso 1600 (not because ther is no noise, but i find the noise reduction patches are uglier than the noise itself)