Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #31
Veteran Member

User reviews are just as useful as ever, the camera hasn't changed at all since the price dropped. Also check out the in-house user reviews here, as they're often more specific on what the people liked or disliked about the camera.

10-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #32

Maybe I'm in the minority but I like the little batter pack. Its inconvenient enough to make me keep a second lion in my pack, but, after spending a weekend in a remote town without a charger, I love this thing. I won't rely on the AA's but, in a pinch, the 12$ or whatever I spent on ebay to get one was well worth it.
10-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #33
wax
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by claimed4all Quote
I picked up a K-R a week ago and I love the camera. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great DSLR. I only have 3 gripes/changes.

1. When deleteing a photo I should not have to press DELETE -> UP ARROW -> OK. I should be able to click DELETE and then DELETE once more to confirm like every other camera I have used. Its slow and cumbersome when trying to delete photos on the fly.

For me itīs perfect because I have time o think if itīs convenient to delete a picture or not.

2. The AA carrier. As I look at the bay in the bottom of of the camera they could have designed that bay to hold 4-AA batteries and the rechargeable battery pack without the use of a carrier. Its great how if my battery dies I can just go buy AA batteries, but I have to pack & purchase the carrier.

Maybe but if find expensive the original holder you can buy generic one. I have it and its very well made.

3. The infrared port, why? Games, nobody is going to play a game against other K-R cameras. Why waste the development time/money/space inside the camera on this?
I agree with the infrared solution, but the basic idea itīs GREAT. No other camera have it. If Pentax could develope for bluetooth or wifi I would decleared inconditional love for them. Or if smartphones come again infrared port on them shuld be simpley fantastic.