QuoteOriginally posted by bluesun2003 Quote
yeatzee, these shot are crazy... and you do this only with reversed lens
Thanks! Yep reversing is my.... specialty? hahaha

QuoteOriginally posted by costas60 Quote
what do you guys mean reversed
how is it done
Anything from tape to dedicated adapters will work

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Yeah that might work? I don't have it myself so can't vouch for it. But, which flash unit do you have? Remember it's not PTTL so you have to use manual, and some units (ie the 360) have this inbuilt autoshutdown thing after 1 minute which only PTTL can wake up. So I had to get a 540 (on which you can switch that off in config). The tilting thing is this hama unit - it isn't the best constructed accessory I've ever come across.
I feel like I've read about that product somewhere. Was it the photomacrography forum where someone told you about it? Looks cool

10-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stanislas Sydney Quote
Just wanted to know if there are any budget macro photographers out there and what's your set up?

1. extension tubes
2. tele converters
3. raynox
4. or a combination of all or any of the above.
5. what type of lens

few free to post your macro shots and your set up details.
My best macro lens is the D FA 100mm f2.8, but I'm a big fan of the Raynox adapters for macro on a budget. I have both the 150 and 250.

Here's my best macro rig (shown here without the macro lens):

A cheap but good combo is a Raynox with MF prime. This was taken with a $40 Sears A 135mm f2.8 macro lens with Raynox 150:

I have a ring adapter for mounting lenses back to back but I don't find the results necessarily better than a Raynox, and working distance is very challenging. Not for casual macro, definitely specialty stuff.
10-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Shameless plug: I have a ringflash for sale now -> link.