Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Have you experienced any problems with your K-r?
My K-r has never had any problems 9169.47%
My K-r has or had minor problems that do not render it unusable 2619.85%
My K-r has or had major problems that render it unusable 1410.69%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been lucky so far. I'm doing a project that I wanted to include geo tagging on and the Pentax hot shoe GPS works very well I heard (have since verified because I own one).

The K-5 and K-R were the only options. I've read about entirely too many issues with the K-5 so steered clear. The K-R seemed less risky at $600 or so. I almost never shoot above ISO800 so the sensor in the K-5 is lost on me. I would have liked the better body and additional controls, but I figure with Ricoh at the helm the K-5 replacement will be better in a lot of ways, so I'll upgrade when and if it is.

I got he K-R with the 35mm 2.4. I like it and the Pentax GPS is wonderful to use. Works perfectly for my needs which are mainly outdoor shots in decent light. I've only taken a few indoor shots, but so far none of the tungsten AF issues. No front wheel wackiness, no mirror flop issue. I love the ergonomics over the Nikon D5000 I used to shoot.