Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #1

Missing Files?

Hey guys, I have encountered an issue for a second time now. The first time I thought it was just a mistake, but I don't think this would happen twice by a fluke of some sort.

Issue: I have taken pictures and then when I go to import them into lightroom or photoshop, they aren't on the card. When I explore the contents of the card. There is a new folder in DCIM which contains the date of, well, today, but the folder is empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead,

Kyle

10-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What camera?
10-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
sorry, i didnt think i needed to say the camera since this is the pentax k-r forum lol .. but i have the k-r
10-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by onesikej8 Quote
Hey guys, I have encountered an issue for a second time now.
Same card?

10-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by onesikej8 Quote
sorry, i didnt think i needed to say the camera since this is the pentax k-r forum lol .. but i have the k-r
Ah. I asked because 1) I came in via NEW POSTS, not the forum folder structure; 2) not everybody posts questions in an appropriate forum; and 3) I'm pretty thick this morning. Not enough depresso (decaf expresso) yet. Brain is slow. Duh...

Anyway, yeah, does this happen with the same card? Have you tried different cards? If you're running a Windoze system, have you run CHKDSK on the card to look for errors? (I can't help with Mac or *nix.) Have you run any file-recovery warez to see if the files are hidden there somewhere?
10-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would agree with the previous posts that the card is a prime 'suspect'.

* Try to use a recovery software like the excellent freeware Recuva (Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download).

* Reformat your card (in camera).

Try again.

What card do you use ? If you have any doubt about the card, or if the card is no-brand, get a new one: eg Sandisk Class 10.

Hope that the comment will help.