Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #1

effects filters slow down camera,turn off filter and camera is still slow

Hi all.I have noticed that when i turn on any of the effect filters,it takes a few seconds to show an image.Now when i turn the filters off,it still takes the same amount of time until i go into the menu and reset the camera back to the factory defaults. After i reset the camera speeds back up. Has anybody else had this issue?

10-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm not sure whats causing this. My camera works blazing fast.
Have you tried to format the card?
Save your pics on the PC and format it
10-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps you have set it to capture images in RAW. A larger file, such as RAW will certainly slow your card buffer. Look on your menu or info display and see if it says jpeg compression or RAW.
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
Perhaps you have set it to capture images in RAW. A larger file, such as RAW will certainly slow your card buffer. Look on your menu or info display and see if it says jpeg compression or RAW.
Even at RAW+ it doesnt take a few seconds to store on my camera. Also, when he resets the camera it solves the problem

10-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #5

Original Poster
I have tried formatting the SD card,I have even tried 3 different SD cards.I have also tried shooting in Raw and JPEG. The camera has done the same thing from the original firmware update and the latest update.
10-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Are you using the lens corrections features at all? I think there are two, one for lateral CA and one for barrel distortion? AFAIK they're only supposed to be compatible with DA lenses, but I've heard it mentioned that they work with some Sigmas (I can't verify the accuracy of that).
10-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #7

Original Poster
No. The lens correction is switched off. As a matter of fact,when i 1st got the camera ,it was switched on and that was causing the camera to slow down.

10-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

This is what I was thinking. Those two features eat a LOT of cpu time on the camera. Worth checking though.

Sounds like maybe there's a software bug, where it's keeping the filters program loaded even after turning it off. I've never heard of that happening though.