Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Hey, I was freaking out because Photoshop said my 10mp pictures are only 8X10 inches big. I sent a crop to flickr and found out that photoshop has its head up its butt. Flickr had the photo at gargantuan size. I am no longer putting faith in what photoshop says my picture size is. These people talk about things like DPI and other stuff I'll never be able to find on my camera (mainly because it's not a camera setting) so the fact that I'm a photo idiot isn't these people's fault. I hope I provided someone with a good shake of the head and they can go to their nerd group sessions and say, "this one broad didn't know what dpi was on her camera" to which all the others in the group will chortle gleefully while pushing their glasses back up on their noses. To be honest, I rely on these people to straighten me out and if I'm the reason the file isn't the right size (it's the size it is, I just don't know what I'm doing) then that's the way it is. I can't expect someone who knows what they're doing to know why I'm being a dipstick about something they find simple. I still don't know why my pictures come up so "small" in photoshop, but if they really aren't then I don't really care. P.S. My camera isn't all that loud, I'm surprised that's a complaint. Or maybe the noise is BIGGER than it really is, but I just don't KNOW it...

10-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #17

Original Poster
Well,i must profess to a bout of idiocy on my part.My SR issue was of my own making.I jumped the gun,expecting to hear the Sr making adjustments during a long exposure.When i finally took the advice i was given i was able to determine that there wasn't a problem at all.