Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Kr tutorials?

Hello Thank you for taking the time to read,
I just bought this camera and only have the lens that it comes with ( new from store) I really have not idea what or how to set it to take pictures eg, stars, moon, nice river and landscapes, I live in an area where this time of the year it is beautiful to see nature scenes, and of course the dog LOL
I will really appreciate if you could guide or tell me of good sites with tutorials.

Thank you again !!!!

10-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The best thing you can do is just start playing around with the camera.

If you'd like to read some beginners' articles about photography, we have quite a few listed here:
Pentax Articles | Pentax K-5 | Pentax K-r | Pentax K-x - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The basic functions are pretty much the same in every dslr regardless of brand so you can google DSLR basics, tutorial etc (keep the manual handy so you can check where the settings are on your camera). If you come across a term/function which you don't know search this forum, I believe pretty much everything can be found from here.
10-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
There is an excellent general DSLR photography series on youtube by Mark Wallace: Digital Photography 1 on 1.

Start with episode 1:

A couple of other general photography vloggers I follow on youtube may also help:

Froknowsphoto: JaredPolin's Channel - YouTube
Greg Cazillo: gregorycazillo's Channel - YouTube
Adam Learner: AdamLernerPhoto's Channel - YouTube

They all use Canon/Nikons but the process and terminology is the same for all brands.

AB

10-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #5

Hi,

This site is interesting: Find The Best Digital SLR Camera for You in 4 Easy Steps
It has some nice info on lenses, guides and howto. There's paid material, but there's also some good free info.
The K-r manual is not the most pleasant reading but there's a lot of good info there. There are better books to learn more about photography though. Taking some photography lessons is a good idea as well. I'm enjoying my K-r much more after I took a few lessons.
By the way, are you from Brazil? I ask this because of your name.