Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #1

Shuuter not working on new K-r

I have a K-r which is about 3 months old, I seem to have an inetermitant fault where the shutter button will not work.
The autofocus works but I cannot take a picture, this is in auto pic, when I change to any of teh other setting the camera will not work.
Switch off and all is ok, this seems to happen when I try and take a picture which has very dark and very bright light, ie a sun rise.
Anybody had the same issue as I not sure if it is the camera or I am doing something wrong as I have never come across this before.
All suggestions welcome before I take the camers back to the dealer

10-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you're in AF.S, the shutter won't fire unless you've achieved focus lock. Maybe that's the case here?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

There is a menu setting to allow the camera to fire when it doesn't have focus lock. You probably want to turn that on. The first thing you should do is read your manual, it explains all this stuff.
10-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just to test, switch to manual focus and try to take a pic. Also, try to switch lenses. If you only have 1 lens, remove the lens and try to take 1 pic only with the bodycap (so it wont get dust on the sensor).