Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #1

Problem (or not) with the Custom Image Setting

So this is the problem .... Whenever i start my k-r, it automatically sets the Custom Image to Bright... and i want it to be set at Normal , so the image remains intact (because i shoot in raw format)...
I searched in the manual, but i couldn't find any solution for this...
This happens when the camera is set to P, Sv, Av, Tv and M mode....

any ideas how to resolve this??
Thank you,

11-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
I don't have a K-r, but I have to wonder if the Custom Image setting even affects RAW captures. Usually RAW captures are only affected by actual exposure settings (i.e., ISO, F-stop, shutter speed), or things that automatically adjust exposure settings (e.g., exposure compensation). Does the Custom Image setting actually automatically adjust exposure settings?
11-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

CFWhitman is right. Custom Image settings don't affect RAW images, except that those and all other settings are carried over into the RAW developer as defaults that are easily overridden. I almost always shoot RAW. I'm not sure what's up with the Kr's menu system. Except in User mode, my K20D starts at whatever Custom Image point I last used.

alexmkd, try this: Set your CI to B&W and mode to Tv. Switch power off, and back on. Is it still B&W or did it switch back to Bright?
11-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yes, it switches back to Bright... in the manual is classified as the default setting... so i think, there is nothing i can do about this...

Thank you again for your replies...

11-04-2011, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Check the menus for a "memory" setting which tells the camera what settings to remember. You might find your answer there.
11-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #6

Original Poster
Wheatfield, thank you, you were right. I found the memory setting and just enabled Custom Image to be remembered.
Thanks,