Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

K-r orange/yellowish hue

Hi everyone, this is my first post, thank you in advance for replying.

I own a K-r, and have 3 lenses. 18-55, 55-300, and my newest is an FA 50mm F 1.7. The 50mm has been on my camera since I've received it, GREAT results. However, I started noticing a new problem with it.

I like to use Av and do lots of indoor wide open shots. Lately, suddenly, all the photos have a VERY strong orange/yellowish/red hue to all photos taken on Av or P modes (my fav modes). But when I take photos on full auto, regardless of having the same settings, the photos would look as natural as they used to look.

What is going on? I have checked all the settings and made sure that I have no filters or whatever switched on. It is very frustrating that all my photos are not in orange.

HuSniTo

11-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is you white balance setting?
11-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Yeah, it's probably your white balance that got set to a manual setting. Putting the camera back in full auto puts the white balance back to auto, so those come out OK, but when you go back to P or Av it switches back to the manually set value.
11-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks guys! White Balance was on Shade. Camera is back to normal now. This shows how much I don't know about photography. Still an amateur, but learning a lot from the forum.

Thanks again. Solved.

11-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Definitely sounds like your white balance setting; try resetting your camera's settings.

Also, I've updated your thread title. Please use specific titles so you get the best replies!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you Adam. Will do in my upcoming posts.